NCHM JEE 2023
NCHMCT JEE 2023: The National Council of Hotel Management & Catering Technology released the admission notification for NCHMCT JEE 2023 on February 2, 2023. The NCHM JEE 2023 application form is also available here. The NCHMCT JEE 2023 will be held on May 14, 2023. The application form must be submitted by April 27, 2023. There are no extensions of dates as of now so candidates are advised to fill register and apply for NCHM JEE as soon as possible
What is NCHM JEE?
The National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam (NCHMCT JEE) is a yearly national level hospitality entrance exam for admission to BSc (Hospitality & Hotel Administration) and related courses. NTA conducts the exam on behalf of the National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT). The BSc (HHA) is a three-year undergraduate course offered jointly by NCHMCT and the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). NCHMCT JEE scores are accepted by all participating institutes for admission to BSc (HHA) courses.
NCHMCT JEE scores are very significant, and they are used for admission by various institutes of Hotel Management (IHMs). Candidates must target the desired college for admission because NCHMCT is affiliated with 21 central IHMs, 25 state IHMs, 1 PSU IHM, and 27 private IHMs. All of these institutes offer BSc (HHA) programmes, and admission is based on NCHMCT JEE scores. In NCHMCT JEE, questions are asked in both English and Hindi. The exam lasts three hours and questions are asked in a multiple-choice format. A total of 200 questions are asked from sections such as Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, English Language, Reasoning and Logical Deduction, and Service Sector Aptitude.
Students must check the NCHMCT JEE 2023 eligibility criteria prior to actually filling out the application form. Students must have completed 10+2 exams with English as a mandatory subject. The following are the detailed NCHMCT JEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Age limit is different according to categories and the same is given below
- The upper age limit for General, General (EWS), and OBC categories is 25 years as of July 01, 2023, which means candidates born on or after July 01, 1997, are eligible
- Relaxations; 2 years for SC, ST, and Persons with disabilities (PwD)
- Must have completed or must be appearing in 10+2 from a recognized board.
- English must be a compulsory subject.
The following is the list of all qualifying exams that make a candidate eligible for NCHM JEE
- Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE) or State Boards of Secondary Education.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized university.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in a foreign country must be recognized by the Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE) / Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
NCHM JEE : Exam Pattern
Mode: Computer Based Test
Total number of Questions: 200
Duration: 3 hours or 180 minutes
Marking scheme: +4 marks for correct answers, -1 marks for wrong answers
No. of Questions
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
Reasoning and Logical Deduction
Aptitude for service sector
NCHM JEE: Syllabus
Numerical Ability & Analytical AptitudeCompound Interest, Profit & Loss, Square Root, Simplification, Logarithm, Unitary Method, Time & Distance, Ratio & Proportion, Fractions & Decimals, HCF & LCM etc.
General Knowledge & Current Affairs: Prizes & Awards, World Statistics, Sports, Disasters, Currencies, Inventions & Discoveries, International Organisations, Books etc.
English Language: Fill in the blanks, Paragraph/Sentence completion, Idioms & Phrases, Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies, Vocabulary, Spelling Error, One Word Substitution etc.
Aptitude for service sector: Service Sector related aptitude questions
Reasoning & Logical Deductions: Statements Conclusion, Linear & Complex arrangement, symbols & notations, Symmetry, Coding & Decoding, series, Syllogism, Blood Relation, Data Interpretation, Analytical reasoning, statement assumptions etc.
NCHM JEE 2023 Admission Process
- NCHMCT JEE official notification release
- Availability of Application form
- Online availability of NCHMCT JEE admit card
- NCHMCT JEE Exam date
- Declaration of online result
- Online registration and choice-filling for NCHMCT JEE counselling process
- Commencement of classes
NCHM JEE: How to apply? Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 : Go to the official website for registration
- Head over to NCHMCT’s official website
- Find the registration page
- Click on register now
- Fill in all the personal information like name, phone number, email address, security pin, password, etc
- Submit all the details
Step 2: Application form
- Log in using your NCHMCT JEE 2023 official ID
- Fill in all the personal, academic and contact details
- Enter the correct security pin
- Verify all the details thoroughly to avoid any last minute hiccups
- Submit all the details
Step 3: Upload Documents
- The 3rd step in the NCHMCT JEE 2023 application form-filling process is uploading all the documents
- Aspirants need to upload several documents during the NCHMCT JEE 2023 application form-filling process such as scanned photograph (10kb to 200 kb) and signature in JPG/JPEG format (4 kb to 30 kb)
- All the documents should be in coloured format
Step 4: Complete payment
- After completion of all the steps, candidates need to pay the fees for NCHMCT JEE application form 2023
- The NCHMCT JEE 2023 application fee structure is:
Rs. 1000 for General/OBC
Rs. 700 for EWS
Rs. 450 for SC/ST/PwD/Transgender
After completion of this step take a printout of the application form and keep all the documents related to the Application form
NCHM JEE: Admit card
The admit card will be available on the official website, the admit card will not be sent to any student via post. The admit card will be asked in the examination so the Aspirants are expected to carry a printout of the same other than admit card the candidates are supposed to carry these following items;
- Simple transparent ballpoint pen
- Extra photograph to be pasted on attendance sheet
- Valid government ID proof – voter’s ID card/ Aadhaar card/PAN card/Other valid government IDs