Hotel Management At IP University
Indraprastha University offers a Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) through the two Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha Universities listed below.
The four-year programme BHMCT is designed by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for both institutions.
Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Delhi Technical Campus
About IPU BHM Course
The IPU BHM is 4-year long programme and provides the necessary industrial and operational skills in hospitality so that the candidate gets used to the market environment
Students are trained in the following areas:
- Front Office
- Food production
- Bakery Patisserie
- Accommodation Operation
- Food and beverage service
- General management skills
Placement at IPU
IPU has a Placement Cell that provides industrial training and placements to the students of BHMCT program of IPU. Being one of the most sought-after institutions, hotels and companies seem to conduct regular interviews and campus selections. The university may retain 70 to 80 percent of placements in each batch. Every year, almost 150 companies visit IPU to recruit students. According to alumni statistics, the average salary offered for these internships is 3 lakhs per annum. The highest salary package was 8 lakhs per annum and the lowest was 2 lakhs per annum.
Below is a list of the largest hotel groups and companies where IPU students have been placed for work or training:
- Inter-Continental Hotel Group
- Taj Hotels, Resorts, and Palaces
- Radisson Group
- Oberoi Hotels and Resorts
- Marriott Group
- Leela Group
- Carlson Group
- Hyatt Regency
- Café Coffee Day
- Ibibo group
The university also offers internships to IPU BHMCT students in national and international companies and hotel groups. In previous years, students got internships in cities like Dubai and New York for 60,000-75,000 rupees per month. The basic stipend for a domestic internship starts at 15,000.
Internships are offered in the fourth year of the IPU BHMCT program. Every year, 70-80 students out of a 100 are selected for various jobs and internships. In addition to hotels and companies, tourism organizations and state enterprises, including airports, choose IPU students for their jobs. Cruise lines and airlines also approach the university for on-campus internships. They have a slightly more attractive salary package starting from Rs 50,000 per month.
Students of the IPU BHM program are attractive to companies and organizations because they have already received professional training from a university in their courses. Graduate students can also participate in the internship procedure, after consultation with the respective faculty and the respective faculty. IPU alumni are constantly updated with such vacancies.
Eligibility Criteria for IPU CET BHMCT Entrance Exam
The eligibility criteria for IPU CET BHMCT is qualifying higher secondary from a state syllabus or CBSE-reputed institute. An aggregate of 50% marks is to be scored in the grade 12. A relaxation of 5% is given in aggregate marks for the reservation category.
Apart from subjects Student must Pass his English language subject . the candidate should not be over 21 years of age at the time of admission
About the IPU CET BHMCT exam
For admission to the program, BHMCT candidates have to appear in a common entrance test (CET) known as the IPU CET BHMCT conducted by the university.
Details about the same are listed Below:
|Mode of exam||CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of questions||100 questions|
|Type of questions||Objective Type/ Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct answer-1 mark for each wrong response|
|Application Fee||1200 INR|
|Institutions||Programme Offered||Duration of Programme||Seats|
|Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019||BHMCT||4 years||120|
|Delhi Technical Campus, Greater Noida, UP||BHMCT||4 years||120|
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Sections of the IPU CET BHMCT are mentioned below:
|English Language & Comprehension||25%|
|Logical and Analytical Ability including Computer awareness||30%|
|Knowledge of Accounts / Commerce & Science||20%|
|English Language and Comprehension||Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary, English proficiency, Idioms and Phrases, One-word substitution, Synonyms and antonyms, Analogies, Sentence formation, Sentence Reconstruction, Spelling mistakes, Rearrangement of words and sentences|
|Logical and Analytical Ability including Computer awareness||Series and sequences, Blood relations, Symbols and notations, Alphabet Test, Analytical Reasoning, Direction and Distance, Syllogism, Assumptions and arguments, Symmetry and Visual Ability, Linear and complex Arrangements, Coding and Decoding, Data interpretation|
|General Awareness||Prizes and awards, Inventions and discoveries, World organizations, Books and Authors, Famous personalities, Disasters, Solar system, Sports, Currencies, Animals, Languages, Arts, Science and technology|
- The application form will be available through online mode.
- To fill out the application form candidates need to provide some of the important details such as name, contact number, email address, gender, and date of birth along with details of course.
- Candidate must upload photograph and signature in the scanned format.
- The authority will also provide the correction facility to the candidates.
- Candidates need to pay the prescribed application fee through online mode.
- Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
Here we provide you the information regarding the application fee for the IPU CET 2023 exam:
- The application fee for all the category will be Rs.1200.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee by online mode.
- The candidate can use different online gateways such as net banking, debit card, credit card, etc.
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
How to Apply for IPU CET
- Step-1: Go to the official application link .
- Step-2: Fill out the application form with required details like personal, communication, course etc.
- Step-3: Upload all the required documents such as photograph, signature & thumb impression.
- Step-4: Fill remaining details and accept the declaration form.
- Step-5: Then pay the application fee of IPU CET University 2023.
- Step-6: Submit the application form and take a printout for future reference.
You will be able to select the IPU CET exam center as per your convenience at the time of registration. Also you can check the exam centers from the official website, however, here are the major exam centers for your reference:
- Delhi : New Delhi
- Haryana : Gurgaon
- Punjab : Chandigarh
- Uttarpradesh : Luckhnow
Exam Day Instructions
Given below are the instructions on the IPU CET 2022 Exam Day.
- Candidates will not be permitted to enter the Examination Hall post half an hour of the begining of the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the exam gets over.
- Candidate should leave IPU CET Exam Center only after handing over OMR answer sheet and test booklet to the Invigilator.
- Smoking in the examination hall during the hours of the Test is strictly prohibited.
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed inside the examination hall during the Test.
- If any candidate is found using any unfair means or does not maintain discipline during conduct of the Common Entrance Test, the University will take necessary disciplinary action against such candidates.
- No candidate should carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except IPU CET Admit Cardinside the examination hall.
- Carrying of calculator pen, cell phone, pager or any other electronic gadgets to the Examination Centre is strictly prohibited. The University will neither make any arrangement for the safe custody of any of these items nor will be responsible for loss of any such item. Hence, the parents may counsel their wards for not carrying such items with them while going to respective examination centers for taking the CET. If the candidate is found in possession of such gadgets during the examination, it will be treated as the use of unfair means.
- Candidates must not obtain or give or attempt to obtain or to give undesirable assistance of any kind during the Test, as it shall be treated as the use of unfair means.
- Any attempt to note down questions during the test or to take away pages from the Test Booklet will be viewed very seriously, and hence legal action may be taken. This will be treated as the use of unfair means.
- The decision in regard of usage of unfair means will be taken by the university on the report of the center superintendent of the exam center, on the recommendation of a constituted committee by the Controller of Examinations of the University. The constitution of the committee will be done by the Controller of Examinations.