The National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHM) is a prominent governmental body overseeing and advancing hospitality education across India. Through its Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), NCHM paves the way for candidates to secure admissions into its esteemed undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Eligibility Criteria: Undergraduate Programs
Aspiring candidates eyeing NCHM’s undergraduate programs must satisfy the following prerequisites:
- Successful Completion of 12th Standard: A minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the 12th standard examination is mandatory.
- Requisite Subjects: Candidates must have studied English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics during their 12th standard education.
Eligibility Criteria: Postgraduate Programs
For individuals aspiring to pursue NCHM’s postgraduate programs, the following criteria are applicable:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Candidates need a bachelor’s degree in hotel management or a related field with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
Applicants’ birthdates play a crucial role in determining their eligibility:
- For Undergraduate Programs: Candidates must be born on or after July 1, 2003.
- For Postgraduate Programs: Candidates must be born on or after July 1, 1999.
Candidates awaiting the results of their 12th standard examination or postgraduate degree can apply for NCHM JEE provisionally. However, they must furnish proof of successfully passing the qualifying examination during counseling or admission.
Exploring the NCHM JEE
The NCHM JEE, a nation-wide entrance examination, unfolds with the following features:
- Computer-Based Mode: The exam is conducted online.
- Two Sections: The exam comprises two sections:
Section I: General Ability Test (GAT)
- Focus: General knowledge, aptitude, and reasoning skills.
- Question Count: 50 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 1 mark.
Section II: Subject-Specific Test (SST)
- Focus: Hotel management subjects, including food production, food service, housekeeping, and front office management.
- Question Count: 75 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 2 marks.
Cutoffs and Personal Interview
NCHM JEE features high competitiveness, leading to varying cutoffs based on categories and institutes. Shortlisted candidates face personal interviews to evaluate communication skills, personality traits, and suitability for the hospitality industry.
Keep these tips in mind:
- Early Initiation: Begin your preparation early and maintain a consistent study routine.
- Mock Tests: Assess your progress through regular mock tests.
- Coaching Institutes: Consider enrolling in reputable coaching institutes for comprehensive guidance.
- Mentorship: Seek assistance from mentors or tutors to enhance your preparation.
- Focus and Motivation: Stay dedicated, motivated, and resolute throughout your preparation journey.
Your aspirations in hotel management find their gateway through NCHM JEE. As you pursue your dream of entering the world of hospitality, these eligibility criteria and preparation insights will undoubtedly guide your path toward success.
For further details, visit Our official website: [https://nchmjee.com/]